CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I have a dream...

I have not really felt like blogging lately. I started this blog as an outlet for my political views. At times, I am in places and circumstances that I have to "bite my tongue" when people assume I have their same views and then speak very negatively of my actual views. I hold back out of respect for the places I am at and the people I am with.

As the Presidential Election of 2008 neared the finish line I ran out of steam. I was hopefully that Barack Obama would win. I thought he could win. And then I began to have doubt and fear enter my mind. Then the words of Yoda entered my mind, "Fear leads to hate, hate lead to the dark side." The dark side instantly makes me think of Karl Rove. Great...all of the people who thought Bush was a good idea twice were going to make it happen a third time.

And then, watching the NBC Election Coverage at 9:00 PM the graphic showed Barack Obama as the next President of the United States.

I could not believe it. My hopes and dreams were shared by others. I felt like crying. Although, I did not because I am all man.

These videos below seem fitting given the occasion. They are a little long, but worth your time. Grab a Coke, some left over halloween candy and enjoy.

"I'm asking you to believe. Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington...I'm asking you believe in yours." Barack Obama 2008



1 Comment:

  1. Nat said...
    I love your comments on this. I have been so frustrated all day at work with people calling him "the anti christ" come on really? Well here's to Obama walking into a shit hole of a situation with a smile on his face. I think he will make a huge difference.

Post a Comment