CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

How can you support...

I am supporting Barack Obama for President. I was recently asked how I could support Obama when he supports abortion. It is true that I am against abortion. Now this may seem like a contradiction, how can support one but not the other.

A recent First Presidency Issued letter, read to all members of the LDS church stated the following:

"...in this election year, we urge you to register to vote, to study the issues and candidates carefully and prayerfully, and then to vote for and actively support those you believe will most nearly carry out your ideas of good government."

This is great and inspiring message. Not all candidates can perfectly match my expectations for a perfect president. However, I believe Barack Obama most closely matches my ideas of good governement. I support civil rights. I want a comprehensive energy policy. I support a fiscal policy that will end a defecit. I want immigration reform. I support helping those who cannot help themselves. I want to protect our world. I support diplomacy. I believe in hope.

"I am asking you to believe. Not just in my ability bring about real change in Washington...I'm asking you to believe in yours." Barack Obama

1 Comment:

  1. Melissa said...
    perfectly stated my love.

Post a Comment